Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Discrimination Against Women in the Workplace

This topic is a multifaceted issue with lots of complexities and gender intertwining. So it is impossible to cover all those aspects in a single article. This is going to be my attempt towards dabbling at explaining this vast topic.

Women got their voting rights after men. Why? Never mind, it is history, dead and gone. But the fairer sex empowerment notwithstanding and its capabilities not underestimated, women still have to get what they deserve. Come to think of it, some of us believe that the age of gender equality has arrived. But I beg to differ (even though I know that I am no Simone de Beauvoir or any other feminist). Perhaps we are still long way from that. (Again, neither am I into staunch feminism or an expert). I am saying this totally on the basis of being a woman. One of the aspects which lead me to believe that, is the discrimination against women in the workplace. The naysayers would vehemently deny that, but unfortunately that is the harsh reality in quite a few parts of the globe in a so-called modern world. The text to come will try and map this complicated women’s issue.

To continue reading, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment